How-To: The Easy Way to do Dip Powder at Home
Discover how easy it actually is to do your own dip powder treatment right at home - no salon experience required. With EMCHI, you can get everything you need to get started whether this is your first time, or you're ready for a new color.
Before you begin, thoroughly wash and sanitize your hands and nails. If you haven't already, order an EMCHI Dip Powder Starter Kit, which has everything you need to do a dip powder manicure at home.
1. Push back the cuticles and clean the surrounding nail plate of any excess cuticle and use a 180 file (or a fine drill bit) to remove shine from the natural nails, then use a buffer.
2. Apply a thin coat of Step 1: Pro Base to cover 40% of the nail bed, then dip finger into Clear Dipping Powder. Tap off excess immediately.
3. Apply a second coat of Step 1: Pro Base to cover 90% of the natural nail, then dip finger into your chosen Dip Powder, using a scooping motion. Tap off excess immediately.
4. Apply a third coat of Step 1: Pro Base to the entire nail. Dip and tap off excess.
5. Apply a final coat of Step 1: Pro Base to the entire nails.
6. Apply a coat of Step 2: Activator on all nails, allowing about 20-30 seconds to dry. Ensure to cover edges and cap off the tips of the nails.
7. Once dry, remove any excess dip powder from the cuticle area with a file then buffer.
8. Use a brush to brush off the nails; or you can also rinse hands under water, but do not use soap.
9. Apply a second coat of Step 2: Activator over the nail, allowing 20-30 seconds to try. Wipe off the excess Activator with a dry paper towel.
10. Apply a thin coat of Step 3: Finishing Gel to three-quarters (3/4) of the nail in 2-3 very quick brush strokes. Then apply a second coat in a slower motion to the entire nail. Cover edges and cap off the tips of the nails.
Once you've finished all the remaining nails, allow 1-2 minutes to dry (no UV light required!) before your beautiful nail treatment is complete.